- Apply one-fourth (1/4) cup of 10-10-10 per plant March 15 and every month through August. Reduce the rate by one-half for plants less than 18 inches in height.
- Apply two tablespoons of 0-46-0, superphosphate or similar and one tablespoon of 34-0-0 or similar per plant March 15 and continue each month through August.
- Apply two tablespoons of 15-0-15 per plant March 15 and continue each month through August.
- Apply one tablespoon of 34-0-0 or similar per plant March 15 and continue each month through If excess growth occurs, apply nitrogen less frequently.
- Spread fertilizer uniformly in a circular band starting six inches from the trunk and extending out to 18 inches from the base of the plant. Water thoroughly washing all fertilizer from leaves and stems. It is not necessary to remove the mulch when applying fertilizers.
- If soil pH is above 6.5, apply two-tenth (0.2) pound of elemental sulfur per 100 square feet (for medium-textured, silt loam soils) for each one-tenth (1/10) unit the pH is above 6.5. Use 1/3 more sulfur for fine-textured (clay) soils or 1/3 less sulfur for course-textured (sandy) soils that the amount required for medium-textured soils.
- If lime is recommended, use dolomitic limestone.