Soil pH and Liming
Resources on Soil pH and Liming
- Liming Acid Soils in Tennessee. 2014. Savoy, H.J., and D.K. Joines. UT Extension publication,PB1096.
- The Value of Lime to Nursery Production. 2012. M. Halcomb, UT Extension publication (Revised 03-05-2012).
- Fertilization and Management of Home Lawns. Agricultural Extension Service. Samples, T.J., and H.J. Savoy. The University of Tennessee, PB1038.
- Turfgrass Maintenance: Liming. 2008. Samples, T.J., J.C. Sorochan, and H.J. Savoy. UT Extension W-161G.
UTIA magazine or newsletter articles
- The importance of liming acidic soils. Samples, T.J., J.C. Sorochan, J.T. Brosnan, H.J. Savoy, and A.S. Windham. In Tennessee Turfgrass. Oct./Nov. 2014. pages 24-26.
- Lime and fertilizer recommendations for the various crops of Tennessee. Savoy, H.J., and D.K. Joines. BESS information sheet # 100.
Abstracts from scientific or discipline meetings, papers from conference proceedings
- Gharahassanlou, A.N., J. Lee, X. Yin, and D.D. Tyler. Impact of thirty-four years of tillage and cover crop management on soil physical properties. 2016 Annual Meetings of ASA-CSSA-SSSA, Phoenix, AZ. Nov. 6-9, 2016.
- Janegitz, M.C., V. Jin, C.A. Rosolem, L. Li, D.D. Tyler, and S.M. Schaeffer. Soil acidity amelioration impact in no till system by cover crop and nitrogen application in west Tennessee – USA. 2015 Annual Meetings of ASA-CSA-SSSA Annual Meetings, Minneapolis, MN. Nov.15-19, 2015.
- Effects of Alternative Lime Application Rates on Cotton Profitability with Varying Cover Crops, Nitrogen, and Tillage Methods. Cochran, R., J. Larson, R. Roberts, and D.D. Tyler. Southern Agricultural Economics Association Annual Meetings. Little Rock, AR, Feb. 5-9, 2005.
- Tyler, D.D., P. Donald, and N. Eash. No-till and Tillage Conversion Effects on Soil Properties and Soybean Yield. ASA Southern Regional Branch Meeting San Antonio, TX, June 19-21, 2005.
- Variable Rate Liming Effects on Soil Acidity and Soybean Production. Tyler, D.D., M.A. Thompson, M.E. Essington, H.P. Denton, H.J. Savoy, and M.J. Buschermohle. 2004 Annual Meetings of ASA-CSA-SSSA Annual Meetings, Seattle, WA. Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2004.
- Cover Crop and Tillage Effects on Soil Acidity and Liming. Tyler, D.D., E.L. Ritchey, M.E. Essington, M.D. Mullen, and A.M. Saxton. Fifth Annual National Conservation Tillage Cotton & Rice Conference Proceedings Book, p. 20-21. J.M. LaRose (ed.), Tunica, MS. National Conservation Tillage Digest, Perryville, MO. Jan. 24-25, 2002.
- Soil Acidity Changes After Lime Application in Tilled and No-Tilled Cotton. Tyler, D.D., E.J. Ritchey, M.E. Essington, M.D. Mullen, and A.M. Saxton. 2001 Annual Meetings of ASA-CSSA-SSSA. Charlotte, NC, Oct 21-25, 2001.
- Smith, S.A., M.E. Essington, and J.M. Williams. Residual Impact of Sewage Sludge and Fly Ash Amendments in Crop Production. Southern Branch ASA Abstract. Page 6. 1998.
- Tyler, D.D., E.L. Richie, M.E. Essington, and M.D. Mullen. 1998. No-Tillage and Cover Crops Effects On Soil Acidity and Liming. Agronomy Abstract, Page 281.
Refereed articles or reviews
- Cochran, R.L., R.K. Roberts, J.A. Larson, and D.D. Tyler. 2007. Cotton Profitability with Alternative Lime Application Rates, Cover Crops, Nitrogen Rates, and Tillage Methods. Agronomy Journal 99:1085-1092.